Hi there guys! Cherry here today for the Rubber Cafe to share with you a sweet little
birthday pocket using the Hey Cupcake set. I fell in love with the whimsical
little cupcakes...and all the sweet little details to them. They lend themselves easily to a shabby sweet look!
Here's how I made my project:
1. Make a pocket from a simple manilla file folder. I just cut it down to the size
I wanted and stitched up the sides.
2. Then add some papers and diecuts to the front and some homemade stitched
crepe paper. I've been addicted to making it lately. I use generally 4-5 layers of crepe paper and simply stitch down the middle. I than take my scissors and cut on each side thin strips being careful NOT to cut through the stitching. Than the fun part..... crumpling the crepe paper up. I like it really tussie mussied up!
3. I then stamped three different cupcakes onto some pattern paper and went to
work fussy cutting them all out. I paper pieced them and added some foam adhesive
to the one for the front of the pocket for dimension.
4. I added glitter and some vintage tinsel to them as well. I also decided to add some
Cotton Candy Jellie Dots for "candy toppings" on the cupcakes. It was a bit
time consuming but added some sweet detail. I LOVE the outcome! I also...of course used my fave FAVE glue ever...Scrap Happy glue on all of it!
5. I also added little images such as the mini rosebud and the hearts to the top of the pocket.
This set has some of the most adorable little images!
6. Finish off the project by topping it off with some yummy May arts texture ribbon from here. Love it and will have to get more ..and a few buttons and mini roses..and I was done .
Hope you have enjoyed my project! Who doesn't like a cupcake? Thanks for letting me share!