Friday, August 27, 2010

GCD STUDIOS AUGUST THEME PROJECT


          We were to be inspired by polka dots.....one of my many weaknesses.  I used GCD Studios Homespun chick, artsy urban, and a pinch of Independence....    Just some fun shabby cards using my fave gals...these are actually the diecut borders that I put together to create "two free spirits".   Used Melody Ross's yummy chipboard...nice and sturdy.  The other card I used the journal tags...love this birdy image...that says fly.  I created my own little envelope using Homespun chic papers.   Added some of my fave toppings....lace, seambinding, and a little millinary flower.   Hope you like my take on polka dots.   Xoxo, cherry

4 comments:

Becky Garrison said...

Your cards are just wonderful! I think we have very similar styles, yet different, too. Thanks for all the inspiration! Becky

http://camelliacottagedesigns.blogspot.com

cnelson said...

So gorgeous!! LOVE your use of the lace, seam binding and doilies! LOVE the way you put the borders together on the 2cd card!!

Marie De Marco said...

i love your work! thanks for sharing your artful talent.
blessings
marie

Audrey Pettit said...

oooh, polka dots! How I love polka dots! These are beautiful, Cherry!