Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thank-you so much


Thank you to those that prayed and commented on my son.  He is doing well.  A bit of a lingering cough but he is well on his way to recovery.   I took him to an orthopedic dr on friday...five minutes later and 168.00 poorer we found out (what we already had thought)that he has Seaver's disease.  Sounds worse than it is...and luckily something he will out grow as he stops growing. ( warning, a bit of a rampage) Please tell me WHY OH WHY ...a 5 minute Dr. visit should cost so much?  I of course would pay anything to make sure my son is healthy etc.  I just simply do not understand why it should cost so  much to remain so.  I feel lucky to have insurance and feel so sad for those that don't.   It really is a sad state of affairs and frankly needs a complete rehaul.  Sigh....I digress!  I will just keep on a praying about that one, lol.  
Here are a few cards that I let play out in my hands today.   They often times start to tell their own stories and build upon themselves.  Or sometimes I think about who the recepient might be for a certain card.  I wonder too where a card might end up wayyyy down the line...years later.  Stuffed away in a shoebox....to be discovered again by somebody new.  Kinda a fun thought!  Don't you think?  As always thanks for letting me share.  Both my cards and my meandering words.  Hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday evenings with your families.  I plan on doing some reading (nope not gonna watch the grammies)  and than off to bed.  Hope to be back in a few days.  Have some projects to catch up on for some folks.  Hugs, cherry

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Hi Cherry, I had to go back and read about Hunter! I have been so busy I haven't been able to keep up! Anyway, I am glad you got some answers and so happy it's something he will likely grow out of!
And of course your cards are beautiful! One talented chica! :)

cnelson said...

Every detail on EVERY creation is AMAZING!!! I'm always in awe of your work!

Ros said...

Oh that clock is stunning ... lovely creations ...

Anonymous said...

I agree about the cost of medical care...who figures out these charges? I wear a CPAP at night and my insurance allows me a new mask and all the do-dads every six months. The supplier sends along a price list, but I'm totally covered by insurance. One of the most ridiculous charges is for a 1 x 2 inch piece of black foam (the kind used for the foam brushes we paint with)...it's called an 'air filter' on the invoice and it cost $17.50...now that's what I call GOUGING...no wonder we can't afford insurance :(
Glad your son is feeling better =)
LOVE the CARDS ~ PRETTY in PINK

~victoria~

Sylvia said...

Your brain must never sleep! Your creations are always so beautiful! I love visiting your blog, it's like a dream world!

Mammatalk said...

Lots of hugs to you! Glad to know he will outgrow it.

Audrey Pettit said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your son has been ill, but so relieved to know that it's not too serious. I'm sure this has been hard on you all. Sending big ((hugs))!
And thank you for sharing your gorgeous projects. I NEVER tire of looking at your work. You just amaze me!

Jill Norwood said...

First your cards are so stunningly beautiful! I love your style! And your whole blog!!!!

I agree so much with you about the cost of health care and the need to do something different in this country. My husband has brain cancer and I can totally identify.

I am glad to know that your son is going to be okay. God Bless and keep you all!

Linda Breedlove said...

Oh, I just noticed you changed your header. Guess I've been asleep! I love it... beautiful cards!!!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous cards I love them all