Wednesday, June 12, 2013

BRAVE....freedom













Hello there!   I have a little patriotic bingo card tutorial for you using fun RRR ribbons.  I usually start by grabbing things in a general theme and piling them on my desk.  Any thing that grabs my eye I grab...I usually don't end up using it all but like to have all options open.  My next step of course was the base, my bingo card...and than I started with my wood flag and than layering things on top.  I love to add a lot of depth to my altered pieces.  I used 3d foam tabs  from Tombow for my dimension. I added my freedom sentiment along with the tinsel and crepe papers.  I threaded both 5/8 red gingham and  red seam binding through the top and added mother of pearl buttons.  Before adding my buttons.. I added some softness with the Alison white crochet lace .  From there I just added a trio of blueberry pie buttons and white buttons wound with blue berry bakers twine.  I added a vintage mother of pearl buckle to the middle with more gingham and I was done.   I think with altered pieces more than with cards you have more options for depth and using things that might be a bit too heavy for cardstock.  That is why I love to create altered pieces.  Hope you enjoy....get those patriotic pieces on display!   hugs, cherry

4 comments:

Ann said...

Great patriotic piece, love your layering.

Lisa Elton said...

Fun and festive Cherry I like the wooden flag!

Sherri said...

love the way you did the o's in bloom

Sharon Wheet said...

love the layers! and thank you for showing us the process. Just beautiful!