Thursday, March 17, 2016

Upcycled Easter Project for CCB

           Hello Canvas Corp peeps!  I have a fun up cycled project that I am sharing here and over at the CCB blog.   I used a metal sign I found second hand.  Pretty scene...but no personality..right?  I removed the ribbon it came with and added some pretty gingham from RRR.  I gathered all my fun embellishments I wanted to use and went to town making this little sign my own.
           I cut out some Green Lattice Paper to use as my background.  I than cut out my Spring Showers Spring sayings paper in Ivory and cut out rabbit image.  I added foam adhesive to back to adhere and bring in some dimension.  I also decided to fussy cut the little "it's Spring time" banner from same paper for some more interest.  From here I added some metal border that I immersed in a bath of vinegar and bleach to age it and added it to the bottom of sign.  From here I started adding my Petaloo flowers and mini speckled eggs along with the faux branches and sticks.  Last but not least I added my fussy cut banner and added some mini clothes pins for fun and a bit of whimsy!   I think this would be so pretty on the Easter table this season or hanging from the door to greet your guests. 

 Materials used-metal sign from thrift store
 ribbon-Really Reasonable ribbon
 Paper- Green lattice paper, Spring showers spring sayings on ivory
embellishments-small clothespins avocado, Petaloo flowers, florist branches-Michaels
eggs-Michaels





























Well here it is done......I loved how it turned out!






3 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Beautiful project!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Wonderful upcycle Cherry! I like your vision for
transforming things: )! Karen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you for the inspiration ~ Donna L. =)