Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A Petaloo Birdie

Hi guys...back again with another fun Petaloo project!   What is more Spring like than hearing the birds tweetering again?  This time of year we start hanging out the suet for them.  Love to hear and watch them.  That inspired me to create a little dimensional birdie of my own!


I started with a wooden bird base and covered her...(it is a her for sure) in blue ticking paper by tracing the image onto the paper.  I adhered the paper to both sides...she has to have a pretty backside.  I than sanded and distressed the edges and added a bit of aging with ink. 



  From there I added some metal border that I aged and snippets of paper crepe.  Miss birdie started to take on a fun whimsical look.  Ribbons were added along with textured blooms in Ivory and velvet hydrangeas.  She was topped off with a mini bird nest and tea stained tag spelling out nest. 



Here she is all ready to take flight!  I think she turned out adorable..what do you think?  Thanks for visiting!  hugs, cherry


                          Supplies used-
                                  
                            Petaloo burlap blossoms Ivory
                            Chantilly-VelvHydrangeas - Sienna
                            Bird- Michaels
                            Paper- Canvas Corps
                            Ribbons- Really Reasonable Ribbon
                                  

2 comments:

Sue said...

that is so stinkin' cute!!! Love your work.

Sue said...

She is so stinking cute. I just love your work!