Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Aquas and pinks













                                   Wednesday night......mid week yet again.   I am happy to be able to share something I made.  It seems it is few and far between anymore.  I hope there is someone still visiting here.  As you know I love old sewing things.  I get so excited when I discover old scissors, bobbins, and spools.  Always wondering what someone might have created with them.  I have fun finding new uses for old things, like so many of us.   I have been turning these old knitting spools into pincushions of sorts.  I added vintage scissors to the middle of it, along with a vintage silver circle brooch.  I made some paper fringe out of antique pattern tissues.  I added mini charms and a made a matching little silhouette tag.  
                                  My other project using chalk paint.  MAD for it and milk paint.  I want every color!   This aqua is one of my faves.  I added a button patch to the front along with vintage touches and stamping.  Both projects use RRR ribbons.  I so hope someone finds a smidgion of inspiration here.  Hugs, Cherry

7 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such pretty photos. Just love these colors.

Mary Ann said...

Very cute projects. Love the colors. So yummy

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I am always a visitor on your blog! I always love what you make and love the painted mason jars I'm seeing. Pink is my fave color, and the soft aquas look so pretty with it. I too love old things and those little charms are adorable.. the little sewing machine especially! Anything sewing themed attracts me, as I've been sewing since I was 6 years old. I've been busy with making gifts lately, and when I'm done, I feel so good.. then think I'll take a few days off from crafting... but within a day or two, I'm back at the craft table! Isn't it great?

Debbie Olson said...

Yes, people are still coming! I'm still wishing I could watch you tie your fluffy bows--I'd love to be able to tie one of those! :-)

Lisa Davis said...

I always love everything you make. I have been an admirer of your blog and your shop on Etsy for a long time. So please keep sharing your craftiness with us it makes me smile and gives me a warm cozy feeling when I see it. Enjoy your day! Lisa

Sassy Raggedy said...

Those bows are too delicious. I love your cards with any kind of sewing on them. It always makes my day to come and visit. You are just so talented. Hugs, joann

Marci said...

I apologize for not commenting more often, I do check in often to see what you have made. You are so creative and have such sure instincts with color. I have never seen an unattractive color or combination on your blog. I love your ideas, too, like the fringe you made here. Thank you for the beauty and charm you share with us.