Sunday, July 1, 2012

Celebrating childrens Birthdays with RRR!











            Are you up for a fun challenge?  Really Reasonable Ribbon is kickin off July with a fun one.. #51 is Children's Birthday with Ribbon !  We will also be playin along this month with Scor- Pal and sharing tutorials with them...so make sure to check out all the inspiration.  My project today is a pink girly girl ensemble..and with the theme..it was the perfect chance to break out Pretty Party from Crate Paper.  I made a card and matching homemade envelope.  I had so much fun picking out ribbons that really added a sweet feminine touch.   I used both the pink velvet and Estelle crochet lace on the  bottom of my homemade envelope.  For my bows I used the light blue chevron ribbon and seambindings in bay leaf.  I love to mix ribbons together..it adds texture and whimsy. 
                                             Now our tutorials with scor-pal have not quite kicked off yet but I thought I would get a jump start on how easy it was to make this card using an accordian folded piece of paper with the scor-pal buddy and some scor-tape.  I just cut a 2 x 5 piece of paper and scored every 1/2 inch on the piece of paper and folded it .  I cut dovetails on each end for a little detail and that was that.  I than simply covered my card in my chosen papers with my scor-tape and than layered it with the accordian piece.  From there I added my large sentiment sticker with a banner glued from behind on either end.  I added some layered buttons....and from there I added some OH SO SWEET Pink crochet lace to the bottom of the card...and topped it off with some crickled up Bayleaf seam binding and a painted distressed jingle bell for fun!  So easy and fun.  The accordian piece adds a lot of depth to the card and adds a lot of interest to an otherwise simple card.   Hope you enjoyed my take on the challenge...and make sure to go check out the other girl's creations.  Hugs, cherry

8 comments:

June Nelson said...

Hi darl, I just so lpove the style of your cards, they are all so shabby chic, which are my favourites, this is another beautiful creation, have a lovely weekend huggies June xx

SandeeNC said...

Gorgeous card, and I love the accordian folded piece under the sentiment. Just perfect with the bow, of course! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Sientje said...

Love the accordian folded piece. This is a great idea! Thank you for sharing.

Patty O'Malley said...

This is such a beautiful set! Love the shabby, girly look!

Unknown said...

Wow what a fabulous card!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!!

D said...

This is so beautiful!!! I love the soft colors.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful. I just love your bows. Would love to see you make one. Your projects are beautiful. I love visiting your blog. joann sassy raggedy

Rebekah said...

beauty! thanks for your mini tutorial:)