Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Paper piecing and fabric






Hi there....I am back today to share two more cards made with the yet to be released gorgeous rose set from TRC! I challenged myself to use scraps today..so I rummaged through my bits and pieces. I made one card in more warm colors..reds and yellows again. The first card I stamped several times and cut the pieces out....I paper pieced the rose using diffrent patterns. It takes more time to do this ....but love the effect and the patchwork style that it lends to the card. The second card is a bit more shabby and the rose this time it done with fabrics. I stamped the rose layers several times ...done on a teastained ticking floral and again on a oatmeal colored muslim fabric. I stamped the leaves on some burlap...I was a bit intimidated by the burlap and stamping it but it turned out great. My sentiments are from the friends stamp set. Perfect addition to this new rose set. I of course used my scrap happy glue. I also added a few sweet jellie dots in cotton candy on my shabby card to enhance the sentiment. That is that...hope you enjoy! hugs, cherry

4 comments:

vivian said...

lovely!!

Rebekah said...

Love the look of the stamps on fabric! Beautiful

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful cards, Miss Cherry! I especially love the second one. Love the burlap leaves!

NancyB said...

Nice! Love that fabric flower!