Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer pastels







 Always a pleasure to come by to share goodies made for The Rubber Cafe and share my latest love....this time the Fashionable Frames set . Summer is quickly settling in to a lovely and slow pace...at least for this week. I was craving soft pastel colors...and had fun rummaging through my papers to find just the perfect ones. This set is so versatile I used the little mini bloom at the bottom of one card as a border and used it on a mini tag as well on the other. I stamped the frame and fussy cut it out and layered onto many diecut pieces to create a focal point. I stamped the main flower inside the frame and also used it as a grouping on the other card. I also used the backgrounds one and two on one of the cards. So many ways to use this little stamp set! My sentiments are from the new Friends set and worked perfectly with the theme. I used foam adhesive to add demension and also used my absolute favorite glue ever my Scrap Happy glue. I added buttons and stitching here and there on each card and also some yummy little cotton candy jellie dots and pearl jellie dots for added detail. Perfect for the center of the little flowers. Hope you have enjoyed my little cottage cards! Happy Summer! hugs, cherry

5 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

I love these cards especially the one with the pink and blue gorgeous bow. The pastels are so soothing. It's always a treat to visit here!

Lisa Elton said...

These are darling , love the soft colors!

cnelson said...

These could not be LOVELIER! I just LOVE all the special touches you add to every project you do!!!

Chelsea said...

Lovely, lovely cards! Can you tell me about the green ribbon you used? Did you dye it yourself, or purchase it already colored? I just love that color with your Scripture cards.

Jill Norwood said...

So lovely! Love the sweet colors and details! Your blog, as usual, always produces smiles in my heart! :)