Friday, March 1, 2013

Double challenges today!





              Hey there!   I have two challenges for you today.  Feeling crafty?    First off....is the March 1st. challenge over at RRR .   Show me the green...with ribbon.   I went all Irish up in here.  I was having so much fun I made two cards.  I used white seam binding that I colored with spring moss ink and Louise lace  that I tea stained.  Just a bit of shamrock love.   Make sure to check out the other team members creations.  Also RRR is having a design team search.  More details on that on the RRR blog.  RRR is one of the best teams out there!    Now...if you scroll down............I have another challenge to share. 






            I was asked by my pal Meredith to guest over at the Festive Friday blog  for this weeks challenge.   In case you are not familiar with Festive Friday...they have a new Christmas card challenge every two weeks.  So by the time Christmas rolls around you are good to go on your card making.  Neat idea huh!   The challenge will run until March 13 and  players who join in the majority of their challenges will be eligible for a year-end prize.
                   See that beautiful pic up above...your challenge is to incorporate a snowflake into your creation.  I usually am not very literal with challenges but I really stayed true to my design.  I kept it simple..and was attracted to the sepia tone in the image. Of course I added a big ole hurkin snowflake.  Couldn't stay away from the glitter.   Hope you like and you get inspired by all the inspiration.  Go check out the blog.  Well...I am out of here...off to town I go!  hugs, cherry

4 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful cards, Cherry! Love how you stained the white ribbon.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

On I LOVE the green ones!! Shabby vintage St. Patty's, ow awesome!

I LOVE that you used the colors in the snowflake photo, it made for such a lovely card. Where did you get that giant snowflake, I LOVE it!! Thank you so much for designing for us, I love what you did, and I am so grateful you said yes!

Ava Gavloski said...

Cherry, very nice cards on your post today. The green cards for RRR are lovely and nice showcasing of the RRR
ava g

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful cards Cherry, I'm swooning over your 1st St. Patrick's Day card! COngrats on your guest DT spot ;)