Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy B DAY!




 
 
Sunshine weather.....straight ahead!  We have only a small baby patch of ice left on our back patio.  It will be sorely missed by our black lab Riley (he loves to roll in it after playing fetch).  I have a card today for RRR that reminds me of sunshine...gingham, bees, and just plain cheerful.  I used the 3/8 red gingham ....fell in love with it.  Perfect red.  I decided to have fun and dressed up my envelope as well.  I am often guilty of leaving it plain and many of my cards are just plain to thick for an envelope.   It is so much fun though and makes it more special.  It is a great way to use those little snippets of ribbon you don't want to throw away too.  I used just a "tail" for my envelope and think it looks cute.  I think I will be doing this more often!  Hope you enjoy and Happy spring!  hugs, cherry

11 comments:

Geri said...

Love the sweet red here, Cherry!! I've been so busy lately, but I've been peeking in! Love your pretty banner on the previous post! Your cupcards were ADORABLE...so HAPPY!!! Loved the pretty soft green on your St. Patty's cards, and, of COURSE, the gorgeous snowflake card you shared at FF! Beautiful, as always!!!

Lu said...

hi, love ur stuff sooooo much!!! I HAVE to know who makes that gingham (paper?) I am a prim lover so anything remotely close and I get so excited! thanks, laura

p.s. are u on youtube?

Lu said...

hi, lovveee ur stuff! I HAVE to know who makes that gingham (paper?). I am a rim lover and excited at anything remotely close! lol! thanks, laura
p.s. are u on youtube?

Lu said...

hi, lovvveee ur stuff! I HAVE TO KNOW who makes that gingham (paper?) are you on youtube? thanks! laura

Lisa Elton said...

Cherry these are wonderful! Love the cheerful red and cream combo. Have a great day ;)

TLady said...

VERY PRETTY!!!!!!DEFINATELY a "hand delivery!" :) LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :)

Ros Crawford said...

Oooh! I love these! What a fabulous envelope ... just imagine this landing through your door! The red is lovely and the bee so cute!

Unknown said...

Gosh I do love these cards - I am a sucker for red Gingham xx

Jill Norwood said...

Cherry these are so wonderful! Your blog always warms my heart each time I visit! I have been gone on a trip for a while and busy with too many other things but I am back in my studio this week and had to come see what you were up to when I saw your name on the Frestive Friday blog!
Love your snowflake card!
Hugs!
Jill

Patty O'Malley said...

Love this card and the matching envelope. So pretty!

Cindy said...

I love your gingham. I just bought this paperpack and it's by Authentique. I found it at Bluemoonscrapbooking.com. (It's an older paper) The colors are very rich and I love what you did it.
Cindy