Tuesday, October 5, 2010

GCD Studios Tech project....Nevermore.......




                Hello there!  Getting ready for some spooks and chills yet?  I have always loved Edgar Allan Poe's "the raven"......which was my inspiration here.  This was my first chance to use Melody Ross's chipart tool..and do a little debossing.  I got together my chipart tool, handy dandy "hammer".....which is almost too pretty to use, and my chipart mat & water bottle.   I picked out my chipboard of choice...birds...and my design of choice...mini shapes..the diamond one.  I started at a point midway on the bird.....and started to deboss the design.  I used very little water...just a spritz or two to allow the chipboard to "mold" better.  I really allowed myself to get "artsy" here...which is hard for me sometimes.  I took Melody's advice to heart..."embrace your imperfections".    I have to say I love my little bird...or should I say "raven".   I added an amber rhinestone for an eye and a little spooky banner to his beak.  I broke out some more GCD Studio's chipboard using the "tags"(for gravestones) and also the "flourishs" set.  I painted the chipboard and a small frame black...once dry I distressed the frame and chipboard a bit for a worn appearance.  I glittered the scroll and "gravestones" and than adhered them to the frame.  I picked out a bit of paper that had a black background with a glittered accent from the Artsy Urban line as my backdrop for the raven.   I think it came out spookylicious!  Just a fun all about me project!  Hope you like!  Hugs, cherry

8 comments:

Becky Garrison said...

You did a great job, especially on the bird! I need to save my pennies so I can get one of those chip art tool kits! Becky G.

Pam @ Frippery said...

Very nice!!!

Suz said...

It is so cool!

Suz

Ros said...

So beautifully done and stunning to look at

cnelson said...

So fantabulous Cherry!! As soon as I saw the theme this month I was excited to see what you would create! I knew you would hit this one out of the park!

BethW said...

You outdid yourself-as if that's possible! this is stunning indeed.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is fabulous, Cherry! Love, love that raven and it's debossed diamond pattern. I really love the depth you created on this project with the various layers of black, and that big bow on top is just gorgeous.
Do you decorate your house for Halloween? You have so many gorgeous projects, I bet your house looks like a magazine.

Vicki said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing.