Saturday, November 27, 2010

GCD Studios theme project...Christmas giving




Hello are we all getting in the Christmas spirit?  I know I am....I get excited this time of year...there is always a  bit of magic weaving itself through little ordinary family moments.  Things seem sweeter and dearer to me....yes I get a bit nostalgic.  GCD Studios wanted us to create a Christmas gift of some type.  I decided to use the Christmas Sleigh collection.  I used two of the papers-Cranberry sauce (love that name), and Christmas cloth.  I also used an Artsy Urban transparancy.  I wanted to do something relatively inexpensive and easy to replicate in case I wanted to make several.  You never know when you need something for a teacher, mail lady, neighbor etc.  I bought the little wood container from the Dollar Tree...drew a pattern on the papers and set to work cutting out.  Adhered with wood glue and sanded and inked for some distressing.  I used one of my Sizzix diecuts for the mistle toe and adhered for some "greenery"...added my beloved seambinding, and made a little card for  my sentiments.  I added some filler inside (I used vintage sheet music for an old fashion touch) and added some Ghiredelli chocolates .  Simple and oh so sweet LITERALLY, lol. Hope you like!  Merry Christmas everyone!  Cherry

2 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
I have my Thanksgiving banner you made, now tucked away-and the Christmas picture from you prominently displayed!
Thinking of you and hoping you continue being your creative self!
God Bless!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a sweet little holiday gift box, Cherry! Just adorable!