Friday, November 5, 2010

Christmas is a comin! GCD Studios style!





Hi guys!  Cherry here for a fun GCD Studios post...using the lovely paper collection Joyful Peace.  I used 5 of the  papers in this collection-The holly and the ivy, Fa la la la la, Comfort and joy, Candy Lane, and Peppermint and also a gorgeous button from the artsy urban line..  I really wanted to run with the whole old world vintage look and decided to add a rosette to one of my cards.  You can use an y type of paper...I used crepe paper.  You cut a piece (any size you want really depending on card size)  about 2 inches x 12 inches long and start gathering it in your fingers till it creates acircle.  I take a circle punch and glue it to the back of the rosette to keep it together.  You can add glitter to the edges, ink the edges for aging, or spray a bit of glimmer mist for a subtle sparkle....play around and have fun.  Another technique I used was buying some  mini envelopes(look in the office supply section) and I tea-stained them using tea.  I love adding elements like this to cards for something different. Well there you have it give it a try. I guarantee it will get you in the Christmas spirit!  hugs, Cherry

6 comments:

Stella said...

That rossette is stunning and thanks for the tip about the envelopes. Your cards are gorgeous!

cnelson said...

These are so very lovely Cherry! It is always a treat to visit here and be inspired!

Ros said...

Gorgeous Cherry ... I adore that burgundy seam binding ... not only are your creations pure elegance but they look so luxurious too ..

Audrey Pettit said...

Absolutely beautiful cards, Cherry! Love the Old World Christmas look.

Tammie said...

Gorgeous creations! I just found you through Audrey's blog....can't wait to come back again!

BethW said...

Beautiful=I could learn to really like Christmas.