Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Poppin in..



    Wish I could pop in like Mary Poppins....sure would be quicker.  Had my second day of work today.....honestly??  I am not use to getting up quite soooo early.  Went to bed last night at 9:00!  Very unlike me.  top it off....it has been snowing here like the dickens.  I am not ready for it!  At least driving in it.  Well enough blubbering....my dear dear talented friend Audrey http://audreypettit.wordpress.com/ sent me a care package.  We decided to do a swaparoo.  She sent me the most wonderful things...see the big pile up above?  YEP ALL OF THAT!  I finally created a little bit and made that card up above.  Thanks so much Audrey!  I will continue to share more as I get it made. 
                      The other little project I wanted to share is this house I finally got done!  I have so much fun making these little cottages.  I actually started making them way before you could find any to alter.  I use to use paper mache bird houses as the cottages and alter and glitter them.  So glad they are easier to find now.  Love to add sweet little toppings.  I went full tilt Christmas with this one.  Of course had to add some glitter to it! As always my seambinding is from http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieBirdBoutique!  Well that is it for me tonight.  Luckily tomorrow I have off but will have to go and get groceries and do errands.  Thank-you so much for the well wished!  hugs to you all, Cherry

14 comments:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Cherry,

Wow, you have been so busy. The snow was something, wasn't it? I am curious about where you are working (that is email material, I know).

I love how you pulled out such a beautiful card out of that pile of goodies your friend sent.

Take care and God bless!

Kathy

Stella said...

How lovely to receive allt hose beautiful supplies from Audrey. She is such a sweetie :)
I love the vintage look of your gorgeous card and your little house is breathtaking....

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl...those workin' days get better...{{{who am i foolin?}}}

When I first saw the picture of all the embellies I thought...A GIVE AWAY!!! {{{envy}}}

love those houses too :)

HUGS xxxx ~victoria~

Anonymous said...

I love all the sparkly things on cards during the Holiday season. You can find a few at Easter too, but it's prevalent more so at Christmas and I do so love it.

Di

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous card you created from those goodies, Cherry! I absolutely knew you would rock that K&Co. line with your fabulous vintage style. Love the seam binding bow and the glittered bell, and adore the glitter on your music note die cut. Might be copying that with one of the ones you sent to me. ;)
Your altered house is just amazing, too. I love the tall shape to it and love all the details. Beautiful!

Ros said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I have a penchant for houses ... big, little ... any sort will do
Love your cards and your swap looks really worthwhile ... enjoy!

Anonymous said...

SNOW! Yikes I'm definitely not ready for it! Those cottages are adorable! You are very creative!Also kudos on the great loot you got. Traci

Home and Heart said...

DARLING!!

Unknown said...

OMG you've been busy creating such beautiful things! I love that vintage look and the glitter, pearls, buttons,etc really look awesome. Happy Fall Ya'll from Houston!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at cherrysjubileehome.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from your blog post above if I give a link back to your website?

Thanks,
James

vivian said...

such sweet stuff here! found your blog through Elizabeth at creative breathing! I recently lost my blog list and have been hopping around checking out some new blogs to add. And then thankfully I found that I hadn't totally lost my old list, and it turned out to be a good thing that I thought I had because I was able to find a few more great blogs to add to my list of fun places to stop by for a visit!
have a great week.
vivian

cnelson said...

Amazingly gorgeous as always!!

Holiday Sparkle - Cyndi LaChance said...

Each and every creation is adorable!! LOVE

Holiday Sparkle - Cyndi LaChance said...

BTW, I wanted to follow your blog but didn;t see a follow button? Am I missing it?
Cyndi