Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Christmas love........





               Hello back today as promised with a card for TRC .  I decided to challenge myself to create a Christmas card in a new to me color scheme...I came up with soft greens and browns.   I don't think I have ever used this combo...kinda like it! The lighting today is horrible though so please bare with me.   I used pattern papers and leaned on my stamps to create interest at the bottom.  I used the berry branch from the Christmas tidings set and also took the christmas word from the set and stamped as a border right above.  I created a ornament of sorts cutting a circle and stamping the holly berries from the set inside around the edges and than glittering the image.  Added a layer on top with a heart and the word LOVE.   I added a stamped ribbon/bow to the top of my ornament using the swirled ball with hanging ribbon stamp for a little more interest.  I fussy cut the bow twice and layered them together.  I like the soft effect the card has...hope you enjoy too!  Want to take the time to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving...hope you are able to enjoy time with your family and friends.  Hugs, cherry





stamps used -christmas tidings  swirled ball with hanging ribbon
ink- pti
paper- pti, webster pages
buttons- stash
ribbons- Really Reasonable ribbon
bell- stash
glitter- jo anns
lace- vintage
adhesive- Scrap Happy
circle cutter- stampen up

10 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous ... I love the little ornaments and that sweet little bell with your beautiful ribbons

Lisa Elton said...

Soft and lovely Cherry, I like your glittered ornament!

Maria said...

Super beautiful! Gorgeous Christmas bulb, ribbon and sweet little bell! Love the trim and all the detail for your stunning Christmas card! Happy Thanksgiving to you and family, hugs!

Dorothy C. said...

Very soft and pretty. Like the lace and how you stamped at the bottom. Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family. I may not comment every time I visit (I always love your beautiful creations)but I want you to know how grateful I am for people like you who share your creativity.

Joanne Leddy said...

Beautiful Cherry! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful card, Cherry! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I love this color combination, it's so pretty.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely scrumptious, Cherry! LOVE that glittered ornament and your neutral color palette! And that bow is delish! Such great details, girl! Hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving day! Hugs!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

It's SO pretty... I love the muted colours - they work perfectly for Christmas!

Audrey Pettit said...

Really beautiful! I love the green and brown combo.......so earthy and natural! And you do magic with any color combo you could possibly dream up!