Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cozy Christmas Cottage








 



Happy Sunday eve!  Did you have a good weekend?  It is still a bit of a construction zone here...kitchen is almost done...and now we have work going on in the guest bathroom.  I found some time to pop in to my craft room and deck the halls with this little paper mache house.  Sometimes it is fun to be able to do something... with no deadlines.  I used some etsy images, lots of faux greenery, and other fun little tid bits.   I LOVe to use faux greenery on everything for Christmas.  Adds the depth I love on most things.   Touchy feely.  I added some stamp detailing from Purple onion and old antique metal buttons.  Add a healthy dose of mica flakes and I was done.   Hope you like!  hugs, cherry

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So festive and pretty Cherry. I really like the second card with the sweet little girl and her warm cozy muff!

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous cottage filled with goodies.. Beautiful Cherry!

vivian said...

love the christmas cards and box. I am ready to start christmas crafting!! have a great week
xoxo
vivian

Holly Saveur said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it..so sweet!!
Great use for all those old buttons!

ileyssilver said...

How sweet. Love the vintage post card. I'm headed to Etsy now. Have fun with your new kitchen.

TLady said...

OH MY CHERRY!!!!!!!! I was expecting a card! & WOW!!!! WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GORGEOUS BOX!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY FESTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You can't even tell it's a house!) :)

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so beautiful!! I love little houses ... and I adore anything to do with postcards ... Stunningly embellished!!

KathyR. said...

Love the little snowy house. What a cute idea to store special Christmas things..

LanaK said...

What an exquisite box! Love the sparkle and greenery

Unknown said...

Darling cottage....I just love your style! I have been wanting to make one of these paper mâché houses for a while now... Guess I better get busy!

Kate Yetter said...

Such a lovely, nostalgic Christmas box! I love the vintage images and the sparkling snow!
Kate

chucksusan said...

Makes me want to settle down with a good Christmas movie and cup of coffee. Love all of your Christmas cards and this little Christmas cottage is sooo special. Makes me think of Christmas past!!!!

Marci said...

LoVe all of these projects!! The box just screams CHRISTMAS!! Love your attention to details. Thanks for sharing.

Patty O'Malley said...

I just love this sweet little set!

ReNae Allen said...

Your work is sooooo good! It's delicious actually.
I am going to go back through your posts and look at everything again, it's so good!
Thank you for taking the time to put these lovlies on your blog. I know how much time it takes, believe me!
Love and hugs,
ReNae