Saturday, November 3, 2012

Old Fashion goodies..









                          who doesn't like those old fashion Victorian images?   Old world Santas and sweet cherubic angels.   I never tire of them and there seems to be countless images which means endless possibilities when it comes to creating with them.  It is my day to share a little something something over at the RRR blog .  I was having so much fun I made two cards instead of one. I have become quite smitten with the two tone gold textured ribbon . I used it on both cards. Love the iridescent quality it has.
The first card I did with more traditional colors..with reds and golds I added a bit of 1/2 inch wrinkle ribbon in red to pop off the gold ribbon on the first card. The second I did more neutral with the golds. It is fun to see the outcome with the same ribbon but with different color combos. I also added some lace to both cards using the Penelope lace in natural . So have you started with your Christmas cards? It will be here soon! Hope you have been inspired! As always thanks for letting me share.  I have come around to visit many of you so that you know.  I tried to comment to some...but discovered that you do not have a blog.  I wanted to say thank-you to you for visiting!    Hugs, Cherry

14 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely ... such a pleasure to visit you

Lana Edwards said...

Gorgeous as usual. I don't know where you find all the lovely vintage elements for your cards. You are such an inspiration!

Unknown said...

Pretty cards! I love that ribbon. Time for me to get busy with Christmas!

Rebekah said...

What you can create with paper is just magical Cherry! Love visiting and thanks for popping in on my lil ole blog:)

Joanne Leddy said...

Beautiful Cherry! I'm loving the Victorian feel ... you've inspired me to go "gold digging" in my scraps for just a touch of that shimmery goodness! Thanks for the kind words on my blog - I appreciate you stopping by.

Patty O'Malley said...

Love the old-fashinoned look here.

Kristy Hansen said...

Gorgeous! love these cards.

Anonymous said...

Pretty Pretty Cherry!! Love all the wonderful creations you make :-)

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous..love the bells you used too.
I have made most of my Xmas cards last year Xmas...I am in the mood then to make them..and so much inspiration to be seen.....now only need to make some special ones......

chucksusan said...

I have to work today so can not attend church this morning. Got on to see everyone's inspirations and you definitely are inspiring. Wish I could stay home and create some beautiful Christmas cards. Oh well, another day!!! Loved yours! Have a great day!

Mimi Sue said...

So very pretty! Love all that you do. Mimi

Lisa Elton said...

That is some fabulous ribbon Cherry and I LOVE the glittery stars on your Santa card!

kolleen said...

So very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Maria said...

Gorgeous Christmas creations...so so lovely...well done!