Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday blues...










Soooo I guess I have the Monday blues...I was woke up by our dog growling early this morning.  It was the counter guy obviously getting a early start...a little to early for me.  It really was a typical Monday....out of sorts a bit.  I needed a big energy drink today, but that's ok because I had a good time in the craft room today.  I picked up some manilla folders in the startionary section of a local store and had fun making it a pocket with a whole bunch of stitching .  I had made the button card awhile back and it has sat on my desk for quite awhile before I knew it was meant to be used today.  I love all the stiching on it and the oval cabochon with rows of vintage buttons.  From there it was easy for me to figure out the odds and ends I wanted to use.  I think I will call this one a Spring sewing pocket.   I added some new to me butterflies here and there and the sweet softness of it harkens Spring days.  I have loved lately using a few vintage button cards I have in my stash.  They are old wrinkled a bit and definantly NOT perfect.  That is what I love about them though...the history they add.  Well how has your Monday gone?  Good I hope!  I hope you enjoy....tomorrow I wil be posting a Vintage Street Market project for you.  hugs , cherry

14 comments:

Rebekah said...

*sigh*. just beautiful I love your pocket projects.
Would you be willing to share what those chipboard/journal tags are from? You always have the most beautiful embellies.

kolleen said...

Beautiful vintage pocket full of bits of creative bliss! So amazing. Cherry you are so talented. Thank you for sharing with us. How's the kitchen coming? Ours will be finished Thursday. I will post a picture or two. I would love to see yours as well. Take care and I hope your Tuesday is a happy day

Kristii said...

Oh my goodness! Soooo beautiful my friend!!! I love each and every detail!!

Rita Barakat said...

oh I love all the vintage goodness! What a beautiful project!
It has been pouring rain here and is suppossed to tommorow too - I guess my Mondnay blues wont go away tommorow :(

busymartha said...

Such a utterly gorgeous project! What beautiful colors! Thanks so much for sharing, Marilyn

Ros said...

So beautiful ... I love this colour combo ... and once again your embellishing is fabulous!

Ros said...

So beautiful ... I love this colour combo ... and once again your embellishing is fabulous!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your sweet pockets are the MOST fabulous creations, Cherry! You must have so much fun making these. Such a fabulous way to combine so many gorgeous goodies. Everywhere my eye looks, it's caught by so many beautiful things. Of course I noticed the lovely Webster's trim right away. Love your button card and love the glittered keys. Always love the buttons and trims you use, too. The oval cabachon is just stunning. LOVE!

Patty O'Malley said...

You certainly make Monday Blues beautiful!! It's a pleasure to take in all the details.

Patty O'Malley said...

You certainly make Monday Blues beautiful!! It's a pleasure to take in all the details.

Stella said...

My favorite colors; priceless and breathtaking!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, how gorgeous!!! Chery, would you share how you've made that Manila folder pocket, please? What a fabulous idea! Blessings, Sabrina

Nancy Guse said...

Love all the details, your creations are just beautiful!!!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Cherry. Love the soft blues, and cute sewing theme. :)

hugs~