Thursday, June 7, 2012
vintage Street Market goodies....
Hello to ya! Can you believe it is June already? This month the VSM team was challenged to use the http://store.vintagestreetmarket.com/collections/paper-sheets-tags multi- use paper sheets and tags. Using them in a new and fun way! They are so easy to use and very versatile. I decided to create a gift pack of sorts…..I made a paper bag envelope I stitched up the side and than created two cards that sweetly tuck perfectly inside! The paper bag itself has the http://store.vintagestreetmarket.com/collections/paper-sheets-tags/products/dimestore-vogue dimestore vintage multi-use paper on it as well as a fun bingo card from the pantry staple goodies for some added interest http://store.vintagestreetmarket.com/collections/craft-pantry-staples. I layered them with a pair of old scissors that I painted and topped it off with some of the diecut buttons from the diecut sheet…I also fussy cut some of the buttons out from the actual multi-use paper. I wanted them to be like real buttons so I used a husband poker and made holes and wound burlap twine through each one and than adhered to the envelope. I added some ribbons in several colors and a vintage spool was the last touch. I than wound some yummy twirly twine http://store.vintagestreetmarket.com/collections/craft-pantry-staples/products/brown-twirly-twine around the whole pocket and added a gingham posy and a couple of tags.
The cards keep with the theme by using more pantry staple bingo cards in brown….and I used some scraps from my bin for my papers. They worked so well with the Dimestore vintage collection! I used some scraps from my manilla folders for the tops…and stamped part of my sentiments there. I added some decorative stitching and added layers with diecuts and doilies. The fun part though was using the multi-use paper for my main images…one card I made a heavily layered shabby bloom by diecuttig the papers..and adding snippets of old lace and coffee filters. The other I fussy cut an image of one of the dress forms from the pattern side. I wanted it to be more like a mannequin and so I stamped the base of one and than made the dress form 3-d with foam adhesive. I added buttons and ribbons…and a small tissue flower…and that was that! This would be a fun gift for any sewing lover! Thanks for letting me share! hugs, cherry