Friday, April 15, 2016

burlap and butterllies

Howdy.....popping in quick to share our new challenge over at RRR.  This time around it is a "thing with wings" challenge.  I am allllll over that! 



I have been in a butterfly mood....saw one the other day while out walking.  When I see one I get all happy...they are like little  magical creatures to me. 





I decided to crumple up a couple of tickets and get them all grungy and insert in the middle.  My butterflies create a loose form wreath.....with berries, buttons , and the tags tucked in here and there.



I wanted my card to have a lot of textural elements going on so I used burlap from Canvas Corp and faux berries.  The ribbon I used is perfect for adding textural elements .  I used 2 1/2 inch cotton blend ribbon...it added that rustic natural look I wanted.  I love all the fraying that comes off it ....adds some shabby charm to it.  Well that is it for me....gonna check out everybody elses things with wings goodies!!!  Soooo excited!  Hugs, cherry


3 comments:

Nancy Hill said...

Beautiful and your butterflies look so real. Where they cut from paper or stickers?

ezwiefelhofer said...

Beautiful and I was going to also ask where the butterflies are from?

Roosterhead Designs said...

LOVE! at first sight! : ) Such a creative lay out for this 'card' Cherry! And I love the colors too; so beautiful~ Karen O