Tuesday, June 14, 2016

my Petaloo project

Hello Petaloo Peeps!  Cherry here with my first ever design team post.  It is all about the "Grads" this time of year.  Our family is no exception. My son just graduated as valedictorian of his class this past weekend.  A wonderful but bittersweet milestone. With his graduation party we kept with a classic black/white theme.  I just love this color combo and think it is perfect for graduation projects.  I decided to make a card using this simple but effective combination.

I used Papers from Canvas Corps.  They complimented the burlap daisies perfectly.







I love playing with all the layers you can create with these blooms.  Instead of putting a stamen or button in the middle I decided to use one of the burlap picks.  I love all the dimension it added.  The picks added such a classic touch to this card!

From here I added a hand stamped sentiment and some black scrunched seam binding.  Other than that, a key was tucked into the bloom as a symbolic touch.  "the key to your future".

  Thanks for stopping by!  Cherry







Supplies-
SKU: 1205-200 Daisy Layers x 15 Burlap-Canvas - Ivory
Burlap Picks x 3 - Ivory

Other Supplies Used-
Papers-Canvas Corps


No comments: