Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A few of my favorite things...









Yes it is Fall but YES I skipped whole heartedly over it into Christmas. At least for today! I popped in to share a project made for The Rubber Cafe. I had "The Sound of Music's " song " A few of my favorite things" in my head when I grabbed the Pine Wreath stamp. I think it is obvious I love wreaths....all kinds. Grapevine, ivy, boxwood. Something so homey about them. I think every home should have one, and they are definantly one of my favorite things for Christmas! I stamped mine onto some rustic cardstock and than stamped the "ribbon holder" from swirled ball with hanging ribbon stamp onto the top of that to make the wreath look like it was hanging from the ribbon. I colored the ribbons in with a red Faber Castell pen. I than used the solid holly set set ( the small one in the set) to add more detail to the wreath by layering it here and there on top of the image. From there it was simply time to do some fussy cutting of the wreath. I added some foam adhesive for demension. I layered the wreath behind a doily and a spellbinders scallop circle diecut. From there of course I HAD to add a few sweet holly berry red jellie dots. A little paper heart and button, a mini jingle bell, and of course some mica glitter for an extra bit of sparkle and my wreath was done ! I had to have a sentiment and decided to use the Merry Christmas in bold sentiment. Love the nostalgic feel of this font. I loved making this card. I hope you enjoy! hugs, cherry




papers used- cardstock- pti, pattern paper- authentique, october afternoon
stamps used- pine wreath, swirled bal with hanging ribbon, solid holly stamp, merry christmas in bold
embellishments- holly berry red jellie dots, buttons- vintage
diecuts- spellbinders scallop circles
lace- Michaels
red seambindings- Really Reasonable Ribbon
adhesive- scrap happy glue, stick "em" up tool

11 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

These are so lovely ... Beautiful vintage creations

Pastila said...

Love your blog - so beautiful and full of inspiration! Thank you!

TLady said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) It's LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty Cherry! Love the homey feel the plaid and gingham papers give this!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love all the sprakles !!and the papers are so cute!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

What a pretty card! Love that touch of glitter!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Love this card!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous!! You can skip right into Christmas anytime in my book, Cherry! :)

Unknown said...

Ohh this is lovely!! I think I see some new doilies?! I bought them last week, but I haven't had the chance to use them yet!!

Rebekah said...

Wonderful! Can't wait to see more of your Christmas cards.. SO inspiring!

kolleen said...

I love this one! Always so pretty Cherry! TFS!