Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Winter Wonderland...













                     Was your Christmas Merry?  I hope so!  We had a nice little time together.  Lots of good food....too much good food.  I must get back to my original routine soon.   I wanted to pop in for a bit...I have some exciting news!  I was asked to join the Riddersholm design team.   I am so excited...ecstatic more like.   Connie's papers are so soft, shabby, and full of vintage charm.  I love the fact that they come all the way from Denmark.  A place I hope to visit someday....would love to see Scandinavia. 
                           Since Christmas is over till next year...I created a few cards with more of a Winter theme.  Her papers are versatile enough to use for many creations.  I love the idea of winter greeting cards...ridding a friend of the Winter blahs....bring a smile to her face.   My cards use the papers from "A Christmas story".   Gorgeous winter whites.   I also used their wooden trees and ribbons.  All of which you can find in the store. I love to paint or ink the trees and add glitter to them.  Hope you enjoy...and make sure to go visit the Riddersholm blog if you are not familiar with the product line. 

                          In other news...I am excited to share I was published in scrap and stamp magazine's  up coming March issue and Northridge publishings July issue of create.  Which I got not to long ago.  I guess it can take awhile to get.  I am also in the upcoming issue of Create in January.   I was so scared to start submitting but am so glad I have tried it now.  It takes a lot of time...sometimes you get in and other times you don't.  I have not alloted a lot of time to submitting yet..but plan to do more of it in the upcoming year.  Give it a try if you havn't yet.  Well Happy soon to be New Year to you!  I hope you have enjoyed my creations....hugs, cherry

15 comments:

ileyssilver said...

Wow Cherry, lots to congratulate you on. I love those magazines. The new line looks like one I will be looking into for sure. Just my style. I love the cards. Gorgeous!

TLady said...

CONGRATULATIONS CHERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are SO DESERVING of BOTH of these honors!!!!!!!!!!!! Your work is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

NancyB said...

Congratulations on all those accomplishments! And love the winter scenes on your cards. It sure will put a smile on anyone's face! Happy New Year to you and your family.

Patty O'Malley said...

Congratulations on everything, Cherry! I love these cards--filled with all the things I dearly love! (Winter is my favorite season) Where are the stamped sentiments from?

Dawn Carlyle said...

I started following your blog a month or so ago.... I look forward to every post. Your work is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your recent publications.

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful creations!!! And I am so happy to hear your news ... well deserved too!

Lisa Elton said...

Many congrats on all of your good news Cherry and wonderful little wintery creations!

Cat said...

Cherry, Thank you so much for a year filled with your beautiful works. I, and I'm sure many others receive much inspiration from the always gorgeous creations you share with us. Wishing you and yours a blessed and wonderful holiday season.

kolleen said...

Love your winter cards! Congrats on all your publishes! Good for you. You are very talented!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you!!! I have been very bad at submitting for the last few years, because it takes so much time and you have to be dilligent about what you use and how you used it lol!! And you can guess who's bad at it?? :-) I have started again and I am in Create Mini Albums for January! So glad you started as you are so talented Cherry!!

Maria said...

Big congrats on your well deserved honors...how exciting!!! Your wintery cards are so lovely with those sweet images and added elemenets! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! And, wishing you a joyous New Year!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Congratulations! Just stopping by to say hello, Cherry ... hope that you have a wonderful new year.

Kathy M.

Davi said...

Congrats :) I love love your beautiful cards with the wonderful old world vintage look! Happy New Years.

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your publications, Cherry...it's much-deserved!

And your winter cards are so very charming, and so very "you." :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Congratulations to you on your publications, Cherry, and on your new design team, too! Such happy news! Your winter cards are just stunning! Such gorgeous papers and I love the magic you weave with a neutral color palette. Soooo up my alley!
Wishing you a very happy New Year! May 2013 be your best year yet!