Thursday, October 29, 2015

window shopping












               OOHHHHHHH how  I love the romance of the Dickens era. 
the cobblestone streets , old city lights pooling their glow below., windows full of beautiful christmas goodies...all the while with snow gentley making its way down to your face, hands, and the street below you.  This piece I created with all that in mind. 
                I took a large  mason jar lid and attached diecut paper layers to back along with tinsels.  I envisioned my family in the image walking together looking at all the wonderful windows full of christmas cheer......so I added faux snow , mini banner, mini twigs with glitter on them, tea stained roses and mini carnations.  Of course we had to a have a couple of teas tained aged trees to each side for dimension.  I used ribbons from RRR of  course.    I used both the plaid ribbon houndstooth in black and a bit of lipstick red seambinding.   I love, love. love the colors and the feeling I might just be able to magically disappear into this scene.  It sure would be fun!  I so hope you enjoy!  I will be back with a step x step on the "aging" process.  I have a friend that specifically asked about it.  thanks so much my friends for visiting me.   It means so much to me!!!  hugs, cherry

3 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

This is the coolest idea! Oh how I love this and will think about it for days. Great way to repurpose my canning supplies now that I've decided I would rather eat fresh salsa than canned! Ha! <3

Joy said...

OHHHH I just love this creation !! Eye candy !! TFS

NancyB said...

this is stunning! Love everything about it!