Friday, November 21, 2014

Gift packaging and ribbon challenge







Today starts a new challenge over at RRR.   It is a gift packaging and ribbon challenge.   Chalk and milk paint are all the rage right now.  Or maybe I am late to the party.  Either way I am smitten with it as of late.  I have painted a hutch, bench and now several mason jars.  I prettied this up using paint, a bit of distressing, paper fringes, doodads, and red plaid ribbonseam bindingsnatural burlap in red, and if you look real closely  (my pictures are dark)  you can see I used plain cotton blend ribbon for my garland fringe around the first mason jar.  All you have to do is fold it double and stitch down the middle and cut in like you would for paper fringe.  Love the prim look of it!  Well I am just dead tired...I have GOT To get some sleep...I plan on dancing my hiney off tomorrow at Zumba!  hugs, cherry

1 comment:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is so fabulous and vintage and festive! I love the painted mason jar and all the wonderful goodies you packed into the ribbons!