Friday, November 14, 2014

Waste not want not....



















                                    Hello there!  Friday, Friday, Friday.....you are here!  Which means it is my day over at the RRR blog.  You know me and my love of spools of all sorts.....wood, knitting, and even old ribbon spools.  This one is no exception!   I love the old kraft color of this one so I recycled it along with the recycling of green stems that I gathered and saved up from my berry stems (from RRR) .  I took the green stems and wound them together to create a wreath of sorts.  While this takes some time, I enjoyed it.  I know...I am strange like that. 
                                    Once I had the "wreath" connected together I added individual berry spray clusters to around the wreath to add color.  I than added it along with my image to my glitter star for my layers that I love so!  I added several ribbons....the more the merrier.  I used burlap center stitch in redred gingham 3/8 , and seam bindings both in lipstick red and moss green.  To the center of my ribbons I added a mini tag, greenery, and more berry clusters. 
                               The spool itself when I bought it already had the red twine wrapped around it and so I left it for color and added some cute Fancy Pants Christmas tickets to the base along with some handmade sewn crepe paper for some fullness.  Hope you enjoy ....I think it is pretty festive and deserves the blog title "Waste not want not" !  hugs, cherry

 I am linking this project up to these challenge....never done this..hope I do it right!  :)

                                             Festive Friday challenge #44

                                             Frilly and Funkie Wendy challenge

                                             Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge Seeing Stars

                                             Word Art Wednesday challenge 158

                                             http://www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com/2014/11/anything-goes-vsc-challenge-28.html

9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is really pretty, Cherry! You make me want to go and craft right now. : ) I don't do it as often as I'd like, but hope to pick it up again, especially with Winter coming (and being inside more).

I just read back to a few of your recent past posts and enjoyed them very much. I am your newest follower and will look to you for that nudge to get me crafting more! : )

Miss Rhea said...

Very Cheerful and Festive ! Love it !! :) :) :)

Ardyth said...

This is a stunning project! The more I look, the more I see! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Melissa Bove said...

Very beautiful and festive!! I love it!! Fabulous job!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Unknown said...

I enjoyed these pictures very much. I also like to sit with bits and enjoy the end result some time later. Bells on the end of the stars, the three stars with buttons add great dimension. This is an absolutely wonderful post. Thank you for sharing your lovely paper crafting with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Nancy Dynes said...

Cherry, I've been a fan of your art for soooooo long! When I see something of yours on Pinterest I know exactly who created it before I even see your name. Everything you create is lovely. This piece is so sweet, shabby, and festive. GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring work with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Nancy

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi, Cherry! I'm SO glad you stopped by to play along. It's great seeing our fabulous ribbons in use SO beautifully. Thanks for sharing your talents with us, and please link up again soon. It's a real treat to have you play along.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

You can also share it here, and the prize is a $10 gift certificate to a super sweet crafting store:
V's Sweet Ideas - Anything Goes
www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

V's Sweet Ideas said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for joining us over at V's sweet challenge!

Jenny Marples said...

What an inventive and gorgeous creation Cherry! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x